Everyone over the age of 17 is welcome to volunteer!
As FIND Food Bank is committed to COVID safety, those aged 17-64 are welcome to volunteer at all of our volunteer events, unless otherwise specified. Individuals aged 65 and older are welcome to volunteer at our 65+ warehouse events and for our Homebound Delivery Program. Those under the age of 18 are to be accompanied by an adult chaperone 18 years or older. One adult chaperone is required for every 6 volunteers under the age of 18.
National Volunteer Week and the Call to Serve from AmeriCorps Members
Volunteers at our Indio Location Work OUTSIDE ONLY
All warehouse volunteer shifts are outdoors at our Indio location’s volunteer packaging station until further notice. Each station is separated by at least 6 feet of distance, and volunteers are required to wear gloves and masks over their mouth and nose at all times.
- One table is designated for 65 & older volunteers only to accommodate health and safety concerns.
Increased Demand During COVID-19
We are experiencing a dramatic increase in the need for our services as more people are impacted by shutdowns and work stoppages. Our need for volunteers is HIGH. We welcome anyone who is healthy, between the ages of 17- 64, and not in a high-risk group. Volunteers must sign up online before showing up to help out.
Contactless Homebound Deliveries
We welcome people of all ages to volunteer to feed our most vulnerable neighbors by volunteering for a contactless delivery shift. Donate your gas mileage and stay safe from behind the wheel; drop off pre-packaged goods for our homebound or immunocompromised clients. At your volunteer orientation, talk to Erin Lucas, FIND’s Volunteer Program Manager, to find out more about contactless deliveries.
Sort food in our Warehouse
- We welcome volunteers age 17- 64 into our Warehouse who are comfortable with walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and carrying items weighing in excess of 30 pounds. Mask, gloves and Comfortable close-toed shoes, are required to be worn at all times within our facility. (Please bring your own mask, FIND will provide gloves.) Every person participating needs to register individually.
Distribute food to the Community
- We welcome volunteers age 17- 64 with the ability to be in an outside environment working in extreme temperature variances. Volunteers are to be comfortable with walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and carrying items weighing in excess of 30 pounds. Mask, gloves and comfortable close-toed shoes are required to be worn at all times while at distribution site. (Please bring your own mask, FIND will provide gloves.) Every person participating needs to register individually.
At this time we ask that seniors (65+), youth under the age of 17, or anyone with a chronic health condition refrains from volunteering. If you are sick please cancel your shift – any volunteer that is showing signs of illness will be asked to leave and return when well.
Face coverings are required to be worn covering your nose and mouth on site and in our warehouse in all times.
FIND Food Bank practices social distancing.
Health and safety precautions
We are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help stop the spread of germs. Please adhere to the following standards and requirements FIND uses to safeguard volunteers at our facilities and at distribution sites:
- Anyone not feeling well please cancel and join us another time
- Mask be worn for all tasks (please bring your own)
- All volunteers to wash hands and use gloves at all times, (we will provide gloves)
- Increase the frequency of cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Maintain the safe practices, we adhere to as a normal course of operations 365 days a year.
One of the best ways to protect our volunteers and staff is by enforcing social distancing practices. We practice social distancing (keeping six feet in between all people at the distribution) in our facility and at our distribution sites. In addition to social distancing we have also adapted our distributions by:
- Pre-boxing and bagging food in our warehouse to reduce the amount of touches between volunteers and clients on site, and to move the line more quickly.
- Allowing family/friends to pick up food on behalf of those who are unable to attend because of increased risk factors.
As this situation continues to evolve, we are prepared to adapt our approach and shift our operations to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- Groups: If you are interested in volunteering as a group of 5 or more, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a day in our calendar.
Volunteer Program Manager
P: (760) 775-3663 Ext. 123