Everyone over the age of 17 is welcome to volunteer!
Age 17+ are welcome to volunteer at all of our volunteer events unless otherwise specified.
Age 14-17 Those under the age of 18 are to be accompanied by an adult chaperone 18 years or older. One adult chaperone is required for every 6 volunteers under the age of 18.
Must be 18+ to drive for our homebound delivery service
New Mask & Safety Mandate
National Volunteer Week and the Call to Serve from AmeriCorps Members
Contactless Homebound Deliveries
We welcome people of all ages to volunteer to feed our most vulnerable neighbors by volunteering for a contactless delivery shift. Donate your gas mileage and stay safe from behind the wheel; drop off pre-packaged goods for our homebound or immunocompromised clients. At your volunteer orientation, talk to Erin Lucas, FIND’s Volunteer Programs Manager, to find out more about contactless deliveries.
Pack Food at our Indio Location in the Warehouse
- We welcome volunteers into our Warehouse who are comfortable with walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and carrying items weighing in excess of 30 pounds. Gloves and comfortable close-toed shoes, are required to be worn at all times within our facility. (FIND will provide gloves.) Every person participating needs to register individually.
Distribute Food to the Community
- Come volunteer at our mobile markets and work up a sweat distributing food directly into neighbors’ cars. You are welcome to sign up for a shift if you can work outside in extreme temperature variances. Volunteers should be comfortable with walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and carrying items weighing in excess of 30 pounds. Gloves and comfortable close-toed shoes are required to be worn at all times while at a distribution site. (FIND will provide gloves.) Every person participating needs to register individually.
Group Volunteer Events
If you are interested in volunteering as a group of 5 or more, please call 760-775-3663 ext.123 to reserve a day in our calendar.
Health and Safety Precautions
We are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help stop the spread of germs. Please adhere to the following standards and requirements FIND uses to safeguard volunteers at our facilities and at distribution sites:
- Anyone not feeling well please cancel and join us another time
- All volunteers to wash hands and use gloves at all times, (we will provide gloves)
- Increase the frequency of cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Maintain the safe practices, we adhere to as a normal course of operations 365 days a year.
Volunteer Programs Manager
P: (760) 775-3663 Ext. 123