FIND Food Bank is
The Desert’s Regional Food Bank
We are the only regional food bank serving eastern Riverside and southern San Bernardino Counties in southern California.
We distribute 12+ million pounds of food assistance annually to an average of 90,000 individuals each month across our service area. Those numbers have increased to 190,000+ individuals each month since the onset of COVID-19. In FY18/19 the amount of food distributed for free to the community was valued at over $19 Million Dollars, allowing their client to redirect their limited dollars towards rent payments to prevent homelessness, medical care to stay healthy and lower stress to help them perform better at school and work. All of which help ends cycle of poverty and cycles of hunger.
We do so through our 22 FIND Mobile Market Distributions and a network of 66+ community-based partners whose programs include food pantries, soup kitchens, after-school and summer care, senior centers, faith-based organizations, and homeless shelters.
We are the Dessert’s Member of Feeding America and the California Association of Food Banks. And through these affiliations represent our Desert Community at the Regional, State and National levels to advocate and be the voice for our most vulnerable populations who suffer from food insecurity.
How a Regional Food Bank Works
FIND Food Bank distributes 12+ million pounds of food each year.
Of that food, approximately:
- 40 — 50% is fresh produce
- Remaining food is donated product and fresh rescue from local retailers
DONATED and RESCUED FRESH PRODUCE & FOOD
Comes from a variety of sources:
- Local and state wide growers: Annually, we rescue over 5 Million lbs. of produce that was fit for consumption, but because of cosmetic blemishes might have gone to landfill (aka: Ugly Produce)
- Local grocers and warehouse stores: We rescue food at 42 major grocery stores in the Greater Coachella Valley
- Local food drives
- Corporate partners and Regional Grocery Store Distribution Centers
- USDA Commodities (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture): As the Desert’s Regional Food Bank, FIND is responsible for managing The Emergency Food Assistance Program for the state of CA in our desert region.
Please Note: All food is checked for expiration dates, sorted,
and then placed into FIND Food Bank inventory for distribution.
Utilizing our 22 Mobile Markets and working with our 66+ Partner Agency Network, our Mobile Markets and Agency partners are stocked with selections from FIND Food Bank inventory for distribution through programs such as:
- Mobile Markets
- Food pantries
- Community Feeding Centers (soup kitchens)
- After-school and summer programs for children
- Senior centers
- Faith-based organizations
- Homeless shelters and missions
Please see our Services Page for full list of area food-assistance distributions
How To Help
Here are some things you can do to help FIND Food Bank:
(1) Donate Money — DONATE NOW!
(2) Donate Food — we can always use: peanut butter, canned tuna/chicken, canned fruit/veggies, soup, beans, meals-in-a-can/box, bottled water, and baby food/diapers.
(3) Volunteer with FIND — we need help with everything from sorting donated food to stuffing envelopes — please CONTACT to share your strengths and join the FIND team!
(4) Volunteer with our partners — Individual programs have individual needs, so please contact our partners if you’d like to help them out.