Help your neighbors get the nutritious food they need by volunteering at at our Warehouse or one of our Free Community Mobile Market distributions . FIND’s Free Community Mobile Markets are located throughout the Desert Region including eastern Riverside and southern San Bernardino Counties, while our Warehouse is located in Indio, CA.
We are experiencing a dramatic increase in the need for our services as more people are impacted by shutdowns and work stoppages. Our need for Volunteers is high. If you’re healthy, between the ages of 17- 64 and not in a high-risk group, please consider helping out. Volunteers must sign up online prior to showing up to help out.
Sign up today and together we can make sure everyone has the fresh, nutritious food they need to thrive.
Register Now – Click here to Volunteer
To become a volunteer “Sign Up” in the top right corner or beside the desired event.
VolunteerHub Registration Instructions
New Volunteer, click “Register”in the top right corner, and register your information.
Returning volunteer, type in your username and password to access your account.
At this time we ask that seniors (65+), youth under the age of 17 or anyone with a chronic health condition refrain from volunteering. If you are sick please cancel your shift – any volunteer that is showing signs of illness will be asked to leave and return when well.
Face coverings are required to be worn covering your nose and mouth on site and in our warehouse in all times.
FIND Food Bank practices social distancing.
Sort food in our Warehouse
- We welcome volunteers age 17- 64 into our Warehouse who are comfortable with walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and carrying items weighing in excess of 30 pounds. Mask, gloves and Comfortable close-toed shoes, are required to be worn at all times within our facility. (Please bring your own mask, FIND will provide gloves.) Every person participating needs to register individually.
Distribute food to the Community
- We welcome volunteers age 17- 64 with the ability to be in an outside environment working in extreme temperature variances. Volunteers are to be comfortable with walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and carrying items weighing in excess of 30 pounds. Mask, gloves and comfortable close-toed shoes are required to be worn at all times while at distribution site. (Please bring your own mask, FIND will provide gloves.) Every person participating needs to register individually.
Health and safety precautions
We are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help stop the spread of germs. Please adhere to the following standards and requirements FIND uses to safeguard volunteers at our facilities and at distribution sites:
- Anyone not feeling well please cancel and join us another time
- Mask be worn for all tasks (please bring your own)
- All volunteers to wash hands and use gloves at all times, (we will provide gloves)
- Increase the frequency of cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Maintain the safe practices, we adhere to as a normal course of operations 365 days a year.
One of the best ways to protect our volunteers and staff is by enforcing social distancing practices. We practice social distancing (keeping six feet in between all people at the distribution) in our facility and at our distribution sites. In addition to social distancing we have also adapted our distributions by:
- Pre-boxing and bagging food in our warehouse to reduce the amount of touches between volunteers and clients on site, and to move the line more quickly.
- Allowing family/friends to pick up food on behalf of those who are unable to attend because of increased risk factors.
As this situation continues to evolve, we are prepared to adapt our approach and shift our operations to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- Groups: If you are interested in volunteering as a group of 5 or more, please send an email to email@example.com to reserve a day in our calendar.
Community Relations Officer
P: (760) 775-3663 Ext. 123