Information Collected. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- Contact information: name, business name, complete address, phone number, email address;
- Payment information: donation amount, credit card type, check number and billing information; We do not keep credit cards on file, once the donation is processed through our donor database, via our website, or PayPal we no longer have access to your credit card number.
- Information regarding how you made your donation: response to a direct mail piece, online, monthly giving club, volunteer event, speaking engagement, etc.;
- Information concerning how you heard about FIND Food Bank;
- Information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- Your request to receive periodic updates: e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, areas of interest, and newsletters.
How Information is Used. FIND Food Bank uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on FIND happenings. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
No Sharing of Personal Information. FIND Food Bank will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of FIND Food Bank and only to further our mission activities and purposes of FIND.
Where does my donation go and how does it help Fight Hunger? $1 provides 7 meals to hungry neighbors in the Coachella Valley. Your gift stays to help those who are food-insecure in our neighborhoods. Donations sent to FIND Food Bank are considered undesignated funds, meaning contributions will go to what is most needed within FIND Food Bank. If the donation contains specific instructions that the gift is intended for a specific program, FIND will designate the contribution to the appropriate fund per the donor’s instructions. Unless specified otherwise, all direct mail, marketing, e-mail, and personal solicitations are for undesignated funds. Please visit our website at www.findfoodbank.org to view our most recent financial statements. We can assure you that your investment is effective and efficient in fighting hunger in the Coachella Valley.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing or Email List. It is our desire not to send unwanted mail or e-mails to our donors. Please contact us via phone, e-mail, or USPS mail if you wish to be removed from our mailing or e-mail list. Upon receipt and processing of your “opt out” request, FIND Food Bank will make corrections within your donor file so you will no longer receive the communications you specifically requested.